Thursday, 2 January 2014

The Winter Splurge





It's finally 2014! Hooray! I hope you had a fantastic new years eve and day, and didn't suffer too badly from a hangover! My first post this year is going to be a haul, I got quite a lot of Christmas money and these are things I decided to spend it on!

Mac is the first place I went as I've been itching to be some things from there! The first thing I picked was Mac Bronze eyeshadow (thanks to this post by Sarah!). Bronze is exactly as it implies, a bronze shade, that doesn't lean too red or orange. I'm really excited to use this! The other eyeshadow I got was Charcoal Brown, which is a very hyped about matte brown shade. I picked up this eyeshadow solely to just fill in my eyebrows but it would make a really nice crease colour too!

I then picked up a Mac Paint Pot in Painterly as I've heard good things about their Paint Pots. Painterly matches my skin tone perfectly and cancels out any blue tones, which is perfect because I have quite veiny eyelids (TMI?).

Lastly from Mac, I picked up a lipstick in Plumful. This lipstick has been quite raved about so I wanted to give it ago. It is a Lustre finish, it's a pinke-y, plum colour and seems perfect for winter!

I got two things in The Body Shop, the first was a Brown & Lash brush, which was just because my old one broke and was getting a little gross! It was half price too so why not! I also got the Honey Bronzing powder as it's been on my wishlist for a while. The packaging is gorgeous and it's the perfect colour for my pale complexion!

Lastly I went to Boot (of course), I went in originally to get cotton pads but of course that's never the case! I'll get the less interesting stuff out the way first which is the L'Oreal Micellar Solution, I won't say any more about it as I talk about a lot! The other none interesting is the Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray. I love this stuff and it's the only heat defence I use because I think it really helps protect my hair, plus it lasts for ever and I'm pretty liberal with it!

The more interesting products I got from Boots were the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection which again I've heard a lot of hype from bloggers and youtubers! I love Real Techniques brushes and I like to contour and powder my face so I think these will really come in handy and help me be a bit more light handed with powder products! The last product I got was a Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful Eye Cream, now I know I'm not exactly getting wrinkles at 17 but I've heard this stuff is brilliant for dark circles and just for added hydration under the eye!

That's everything I brought with my Christmas money! What have you brought recently?
LUCY 

15 comments:

  1. Ooh what lovely purchases, adore your photography as well!
    You have such a beautiful blog, I'm a new follower :)

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, that means a lot! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Nice purchases! I'm currently saving up to go on a shopping spree! Nice photos x

    Amy | http://amysbeautyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't save money haha! x

      Delete
  3. The Mac lipstick in Plumful looks lovely! I have to swatch it next time I'm at a Mac. Also I have been wanting to get Painterly for quite some time. Lovely products!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this mac lipstick! Such a nice colour. Everything you got is great!

    Marie xx

    marieaimelavie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul ! I really want to try the painpot and the body shop bronzer ! They sound amazing !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World | Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouu, jealous that you managed to pick up the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection!! The Honey Bronzer has also been highly raved about, hope it works out for you!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice splurge! you've got some great things. I love the look of that lippy! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is beautiful! I've just started following you. :)

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete